Call Us Today!
Phone:(414) 342-1000
Toll-Free:(800) 486-0106
Filing a Medical Malpractice Claim

People are injured by medical malpractice annually. You trust your health care providers, but even they can make mistakes. Should the mistake have been unavoidable, you may have a claim for damages. Here are some steps to take if you believe a health care professional has wronged a patient.

Talk With the Doctor or Nurse

Discuss the concern with the responsible party first. This gives him or her opportunity to understand your concern, explain his or her action and suggest a remedy to the situation.

File a Report With the Medical Licensing Board

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of your discussion with the doctor or nurse, contact the appropriate licensing board next. They will investigate your claim and take action where necessary.

Go to Another Medical Professional

If you believe you will need to take your claim beyond the licensing board, go to another medical professional for an examination. He or she should review your records and confirm you were harmed.

Contact an Attorney

There is a statute of limitations to file medical malpractice claims in all states, so don’t wait to express your concerns. Should your time run out, all claims will be rejected.

Finally, enlist professional counsel to help you determine what to do if you suspect medical malpractice. Call Carlson Blau and Clemens SC at (414) 342-1000 to contact an attorney today.

Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
Content, including images, displayed on this website is protected by copyright laws. Downloading, republication, retransmission or reproduction of content on this website is strictly prohibited. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy